Family Tradition [Cape Cod Lifestyle Family Photographer]

This was my first visit to Cataumet for a family photo session at Bob and Genie's summer home.  I love home settings - everyone is so comfortable in a familiar environment, and I usually have a variety of setting options.  And the ever important shade for a sunny morning!  I began the session with the first of the families who were waiting on the patio when we arrived - Mark & Rebecca with their children Hugo, Augusta, and two year old twins, Phebe, and Fredericka.



We moved to the play area when cousins Millie and Lawrence arrived!



And their parents, Foster and Aileen.



I surveyed this beautiful property with Genie, and decided to use the apple orchard as the setting for the big family shot.  I haven't seen an orchard on the Cape - how could I resist? 


Just look at these cute girls!


The main house was originally purchased by Bob's mom in the 1950's and I knew that it was important to capture a shot with Bob and Genie, including the date marker of 1740.  I love the historic element that you often find on the Cape.


 Foster, Rebecca and Victoria, (and Freddie!) join them.


So now that the photos were done it was time to play!  This is my favorite part, when the children show me THEIR favorite places.  Millie has her little tree, which she shared with Augusta on the adjacent property.


And Hugo had his big tree.  Love the barefoot...


What a wonderful way to spend a childhood summer - on Cape Cod,  playing with your cousins, and just a hop and a skip from your grandparents house.  I have an idea that this tradition will continue for many generations to come. Thank you, Bob and Genie, for inviting us to capture a snippet of you and your family in this special place.


Comments