Buttercup's First Selfie



 I think that it is so intriguing how animals have such distinct personalities.  I witnessed it for the first time when Scott and I got our first pet shortly after we were married.  Elliott, our cockatiel, was a bird extraordinaire.  In his first years he was out of his cage enjoying life on his little perch or on our knee or shoulder.  He loved having his head scratched or doused with kisses, and whistling along with Amy Grant.  Scott's sister, Kathie, taught him to wave a greeting with his foot when prompted, and his favorite color was yellow, exhibited by his enthusiastic whistling when anything in this hue was near his cage.  So when I came across this forgotten shot, taken this summer at a local farm, I had to laugh.  This little goat insisted on following us around as we checked out the chickens; every time we turned around, there he was.  Now I really have no idea what the farmer calls this little guy but he had such a sunny disposition that "Buttercup" was the first name that popped into my head.  This is not a typical shot for me and last night it won a ribbon at a photo competition - a spontaneous, unplanned shot that was a fun entry.  I love when that happens!

Comments