Enlightened

This was a photographer's dream weekend! On Saturday I attended a photography conference in Hyannis where I spent the day immersed in workshops.  It's so invigorating learning new things and being inspired by others who are so generous in sharing their talents.  One of the sessions was a portfolio review, which I haven't experienced since graduate school.  Andy Howard offered feedback and suggestions as well as questions for me to consider as I work.  What am I looking for behind the lens?  What inspires me to take the shot?  I kept thinking about that all evening and chatted about it with Scott.  What does my heart tell me to do?  Lucky for me I had scheduled a photo shoot for two little boys the following day and could put into practice some answers to those questions.  As soon as set up the first shot and saw Colby's beautiful face smiling at me I knew that I was in the right place.  Just give me some kids, with grass and room to play, and time ceases to exist.  Capturing life.  Pure joy, plain and simple.

Comments