A Fresh Perspective


While looking through family photo albums a while ago my daughter, Lauren, remarked that there were more photos of Stephen than there were of her as a child.  And, regretfully, this is true.  One reason was a malfunctioning Minolta and the shortage of funds to fix it.  These were the days of film, which also involved the cost of film as well as developing fees.  There wasn’t a limitless opportunity for an array of digital shots or quick re-dos because my playback denoted closed eyes, blurred focus or insufficient light.  These early photos are spontaneous, unrehearsed snippets of life captured by me as a young mother.  But what may be lacking in quantity is made up for in the quality of the moment.   And this makes them more special.  This photo was taken as nine-month-old Lauren awoke from her morning nap. When I opened the door she had pushed herself up and was peeking over the edge of her bassinette.  When I opened the blind she turned to the window and her sweet little face was basked in light.  I realized how quickly she was growing and very soon she would no longer fit in her little bed.  So I ran for my camera, found a comfortable spot on the floor and quietly observed as my daughter explored the world from her brand new perspective.
Have a wonderful birthday, Lauren!


Comments